Friday 23 January 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

I've been told many times that women tend to make better traders. Men seem to be more gung ho about the whole thing, while women tend to be more cautious. This is definitely true with my husband and I. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to trading and will quite gladly skip on a trade if I'm not sure about it. When my trades turn bad, my Melancholy self tends to take it as a personal insult and it takes me ages to get over the trauma! LOL. As a result, it's taking me a while to accumulate my consecutive wins. But I can honestly say that I have never regretted my losses (even though there are many times when I wish I could just press 'Undo' and NOT enter that particular trade) because I have learned valuable lessons after each loss.

These days, I'm a lot more patient with my trades and tend to wait until I see an entry that is confirmed by another method. For example, an activation of 3A which is supported by a break of SRDC I, or a break of Ambuyat and SRDC I. This way, I'm a lot more comfortable and confident with my trades, to the point where I can enter a trade, set the take profit level and then tutup laptop! It is never a good sign when you enter a trade, and you spend the next hour or so staring at the candles, as if trying to communicate telepathically so that the PA will go where you want it to go =D

So far, most of my winning trades have been using a combination of Ambuyat and SRDC I. Slowly but surely, I'm learning what it takes to be a good trader, both through my own experiences and with the guidance of our sub-mentors.

0 comments: